We have rated Binance US as being our top cryptocurrency trading platform.
Overall Rating: 85.5 / 100
# of Coins: 6.5/10
Customer Service: 10/10
Funding Options: 8/10
Recurring Buys: 10/10
Why is Binance.US the Best Crypto Exchange for 2021?
There are many reasons we chose this as our #1 exchange, but the items that stand out are the trust of the platform, the low fees, and the number of coins/cryptocurrencies on the platform. You can find just about any coin you want to invest in. And for us, we are huge fans of dollar-cost averaging, which Binance allows you to set up automatic deposits, which takes the guessing out how to time the market.
We will spend some time here going deeper into Binance.US:
- Let's talk about the CEO for a minute - just because this shows how far the industry has come. Brian Brooks is a smart, well connected, and experienced former Coinbase executive who just finished a stint as the *checks notes* acting head of Office of the Comptroller of the Currency under the Trump Administration. What?! Bitcoiners are truly everywhere, and we expect Brian and his team to do big things in the coming years.
- Binance.US is powered by matching engine and wallet technologies licensed from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance. Binance.US has to be its own entity due to increased regulation in the United States. It is owned and operated by BAM Trading Services out of San Francisco, CA.
- Binance.US launched in September 2019. The original Binance platform was created in 2017, and is one of the most trusted brands in the cryptocurrency exchange industry.
- Binance.US is a relatively new crypto exchange, but brings lots of experienced developers, patents, and funding from its big brother, Binance. We expect lots of improvements in the coming months/years, but the current product is still very good.
- Because of this relationship, Binance.US utilizes many of the security measures and protocols developed by Binance - as seen in our 9.5/10 Trust score.
- Binance.US has the lowest Bid/Ask Spread and very low fees making it popular amongst traders.
- One of our favorite features is the recurring buy option. This means you can choose to automatically purchase your favorite cryptocurrency on any schedule you want! This buying strategy is called Dollar Cost Averaging, and is, historically, one of the most effective ways to limit risk and still be exposed to significant long-term upside.
- Binance.US does not offer Margin or Leverage trading. If you are a trader who wants to trade on margin with leverage look elsewhere (we recommend CEX.io). This will impact very experienced traders, but the trading platform is still good. We expect margin and leverage trading to be added at some point.
- This platform is still somewhat new and may have some ups and downs customary to new platforms.
# of Coins:
No notable promotions to report.
- Deposit: No deposit fee or withdrawal fee (if using ACH). Low withdrawal fees if using other methods.
- Trading Fees: General: 0.1% spot trading fee; 0.5% Instant Buy/Sell fee.
- If you hold BNB in your account, your trading fees will be automatically deducted from your BNB balance. You get a 25% discount from your trading fee if you use BNB to pay for trading fees.
|Coin||Minimum Withdrawal ($)||Method||Deposit Fee ($)||Withdrawal Fee ($)|
|USD||US Dollar||100||WIRE||0||15 domestic|
|USD||US Dollar||N/A||DEBIT CARD||4.50%||N/A|
|Symbol||Coin Name||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Fee|
|BCHA||Bitcoin Cash ABC||0.005||0.001|
|BAT||Basic Attention Token||36||18|
Trading Fee Schedule:
|Level||30d Trade Volume (USD)||&||BNB Balance||Maker / Taker||Maker/TakerBNB 25% off|
|VIP 0||< 50,000.00 USD||or||≥ 0 BNB||0.1000% / 0.1000%||0.0750% / 0.0750%|
|VIP 1||≥ 50,000.00 USD||&||≥ 50 BNB||0.0900% / 0.0900%||0.0675% / 0.0675%|
|VIP 2||≥ 100,000.00 USD||&||≥ 100 BNB||0.0800% / 0.0900%||0.0600% / 0.0675%|
|VIP 3||≥ 500,000.00 USD||&||≥ 200 BNB||0.0700% / 0.0800%||0.0525% / 0.0600%|
|VIP 4||≥ 1,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 400 BNB||0.0500% / 0.0700%||0.0375% / 0.0525%|
|VIP 5||≥ 5,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 800 BNB||0.0400% / 0.0600%||0.0300% / 0.0450%|
|VIP 6||≥ 10,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 1500 BNB||0.0000% / 0.0600%||0.0000% / 0.0450%|
|VIP 7||≥ 25,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 2500 BNB||0.0000% / 0.0500%||0.0000% / 0.0375%|
|VIP 8||≥ 100,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 4000 BNB||0.0000% / 0.0400%||0.0000% / 0.0300%|
|VIP 9||≥ 250,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 6000 BNB||0.0000% / 0.0300%||0.0000% / 0.0225%|
|VIP 10||≥ 500,000,000.00 USD||&||≥ 6000 BNB||0.0000% / 0.0200%||0.0000% / 0.0150%|
GREAT trading platform with Basic, Advanced, and OTC options combined with a lot of cool features, views, and open API ability to build your own trading algorithms, but lacks margin trading with leverage. That hurts, but we expect them to add both at some point. The CEO even mentioned it in his embedded interview above.
HODLers (Hold On for Dear Life) don’t trade, sell dips, or worry about Bitcoin price in the short term. HODLers are in it for the long term and have multi-year price goals. The most important features for HODLers are: Security and Auto-Buys.
Security - Binance.US has 2nd highest Trust score and the highest Cybersecurity score. If you plan on holding crypto for a long time you need to be sure the exchange you trust with your holdings is incredibly secure.
We are big fans of auto/recurring buys (Dollar Cost Averaging) and encourage you to utilize this strategy if you don’t want to make a large, one-time purchase, and then move your crypto into a hardware wallet. We recommend Binance.US if you want to set up automatic recurring purchases.
Analysis and Educational Tools:
inance.US has a robust section for educating users looking to understand traditional trading strategies, those wading into cryptocurrencies, and a great FAQ area.
We REALLY like that Binance.US ‘Project Reports’ (in their Blog section) that goes through each cryptocurrency on their site. This is an accessible, organized, and thorough way to study up on all the different cryptocurrencies.
Very simple and intuitive. We really enjoy the look and feel of this app. Some of the more advanced trading features are either not available on the app, or are more difficult to navigate than the desktop version.
|48||Basic Attention Token||BAT/USDT|
|54||Basic Attention Token||BAT/USD|